Friday, February 6, 2009

COUNTDOWN

Counting today, three days until I leave for Daytona. Hard to believe!!! 8 Days in Florida, seeing the Daytona 500 with my son and seeing some wonderful sights while we are there. We were bummed out that the space shuttle launch was delayed, but all agreed that we certainly didn't want to see it take off and there be a problem. Since my husband and son have done this a few times before, and this is my first time, I have planned actvities that they have not done in the past. This way the trip will not be a "rerun" for them. I have worked some birdwatching in for me and then some things that they will enjoy as well. We are not amusement park people, so Disney is not part of the plan. Instead, we are just going to enjoy the beauty of Florida. There is a lighthouse in St. Augustine, along with some other really cool things, that we will visit. The Bok Sanctuary in Lake Wales looks fantastic and the carillion sounds at 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. daily. Can't wait for that! We are going to visit the Aquarium and Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa. They are showing Batman, The Dark Knight on their IMAX Dome on Friday and Saturday nights - that will be so much fun. So, lots to do to get ready for the trip and lots of anticipation! My husband will only be there for part of the visit, since he was coming just for the shuttle launch. We are hoping to go back at a later date for another launch before the shuttle is retired. So much to do to prepare, so little time.

No comments: