Saturday, February 14, 2009

HELLO FROM SUNNY FLORIDA!

Sorry I haven't updated my blog in a while. My uncle passed away and then we were busy rescheduling our flights for our trip to Florida. If you are every in central Florida, I highly recommend that you visit the Bok Sanctuary near Lake Wales. This is a photograph I took of the carrilon tower and it is surrounded by beautiful gardens. We have also visited some other places and then we go to the Daytona 500 tomorrow. I'll share more photos later of some of the other places. The pond in front of our hotel features some ducks and other birds. Spent a glorious hour or so there watching the fountain and the birds. Unfortunately, didn't have on sunblock so was afraid to spend any more time there. We aren't amusuement park people, so none of the Disney, etc. for us. Instead, we have spent our time getting to know nature here in Florida. Of course, you would think that since I love nature, that camping would be right up my alley. No way, I like to camp in hotels - the nicer, the better! I like having a nice, cool, comfortable room to go back to after enjoying nature. TTYL! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
By the way - my husband loved his gift and was SO surprised!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: