Friday, January 16, 2009

POOR HUSBAND

My husband's abscessed tooth got worse instead of better. Yesterday we went to an oral surgeon who then sent us back to our regular dentist. Because the abscess ruptured in the wee hours of the morning, the oral surgeon didn't need to do anything for him. He is feeling much better and is scheduled for the root canal Monday morning. Yesterday was also his birthday - what a way to spend your birthday! However, he and my son have tickets for a Dallas Stars game on Saturday (part of their Christmas present) and they will both enjoy that.

It has been a busy week. My uncle was put in the hospital Monday evening and underwent a heart cath Wednesday afternoon. Unfortunately, there is nothing they can do for him. He is 86 years old and has had heart bypass before, has a pacemaker/defibrillator, and has had several heart attacks in the past. Most of the arteries in his heart seem to be blocked 80-100%. The only option is to change his medication and hope that it helps. I took my parents over so they could be there for the procedure, and I wanted to see him as well. It is pretty sobering when the doctor comes out and has such a grim report.

This week has just been a warm-up for the next few weeks. Lots coming up . . .
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Yaneri said...

I know how it is to go thru dental surgery! I just had a root canal about 1 month ago! The pain before having surgery was so painful and miserable!
I hope your uncle is doing well. I hope with the change of meds it will keep him stable and from having future problems.

Warm wishes to a healthy new year for your family!

Yaneri :o)