Friday, July 2, 2010

OH ALICE - IT'S A FRIENDS WITH FLAIR PLAYDATE TUESDAY TRIGGER

I made this card using the Tuesday Morning Sketch #52, the Curtain Call Color Challenge:  ACT36 - red, kraft, blue, white; Oh Alice Chapter 19 - sparkly.  I used kraft paper from the Paper Studio for my card base and then used a scrap of an old BoBunny paper (the dots) and then some Daisy D checked paper.  I stamped the butterfly and colored it with my copic markers and then topped it with some stickles for my "sparkly".  I stamped the rose from the Melody Ross set and then the topped it with the sentiment in Not Quite Navy from Stampin Up.  Love how this turned out.

This is a card I made for one of the June challenges over on Simply Scrapping Crafts using a paper iris.  They gave a link for the pattern and I used some Basic Grey and Karen Russell paper for the iris and used a button and ribbon from my craft stash for the center of the iris.  I used my Tim Holtz Alterations die to cut my flourishes out of Daisy D papers.  The butterfly is from a Unity stamp and colored with my copic markers.  I used a McGill oval punch to cut the label for my sentiment which is stamped with Stampin Up ink and using a Unity stamp.  I used dew drops for accents on the label and then some ribbon from my craft stash.  The inspiration for the colors came from this Tuesday Trigger:  These colors just look so summery to me.  Will have to make more of the paper irises--love them!
And, to totally change seasons, here is a Christmas card.  WOW - what a switch!  I made this card for the Unscripted Sketch Bonus #1 Christmas in July celebration and used the colors in Playdate Cafe Color Challenge #35 - red, pink and white.  This basic grey paper is perfect since it is pink and white.  The Stampin Up embossing folder goes perfectly with this paper as well.  I accented the embossed paper with my Pebble chalks.  I used some Prima Poinsettia topping them with a Unity poinsettia stamp which was then topped with a basic grey feltie.  I used a Spellbinders die to cut the pink "doily".  The "merry christmas" sentiment is from Close to my Heart. 

Thank you for stopping by my blog and I hope you enjoyed these cards as much as I enjoyed making them.  Have a very blessed holiday weekend.  Happy Independence Day!

30 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Beautiful cards!!

B said...

Wow, lovely cards! Especially love the Xmas one! Love the emobssing and the pink doily!

Unknown said...

wow, amazing cards.

Anonymous said...

Pretty cards!

JazzyH said...

Very pretty!

Bonita Rose said...

all of them amazing, love your card design xo hugs and happy 4th to you!

jo said...

WOW!! Great cards Marilyn!!

dstandard said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Anita said...

BEAUTIFUL cards! :)

Susan B. said...

Your cards are so unique and pretty!

Melissa Craig said...

Awesome cards! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely cards, wonderful dimension on your PDCC card, thanks for playing with us this week.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful cards. Love the use of the PDCC colors for a Christmas card. Gorgeous.

Linda Beeson said...

All of your cards are gorgeous and you made such great uses of those challenges. LOVE the UnScripted bonus sketch card though, wowie!

Stacey Schafer said...

fun projects! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

to be entered into a drawing and/or be eligible for an award, you must have a link back to the challenge in your posting. thanks!

Amy said...

Wow, these are all so pretty!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Gorgeous cards! :)

FibreJunky said...

Wowoie!! I really kive the Christmas card/ Tota;;y kive Christa,s and Basic Grey..throw in puink and I'm a happy girl. Even if I cam't type tp save ,y life. *g*

Fabulous cards a;; arpund.

Ruby said...

These are lovely, but especially the Christmas card for our challenge this week! What a great colour combo for Christmas cards, I wouldn't have thought to try it. Lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Amazing and unique cards!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Look at all these yummy details! Just wonderful!

Angie Blom said...

WOWSERS.. awesome cards.. love them all.. that christmas one is just fabulous!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Marilyn! LOVE the Christmas one.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Theresa said...

Lovely cards!

Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Theresa

Unknown said...

Such intricate designs - very detailed, and quite lovely. Beautiful layers.

Monika Reeck said...

the embossing on your christmas card is so adorable and love the flower too....GREAT CARD!!I just joining the playdate cafe challenge too my card is number 45, would you mind to see my blog?Many thanks before, hugs, Monika

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marilyn! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Sarah Anderson said...

Some great cards there! Love how you've echoed the flower shape from the embossed piece in your playdate cafe entry! thanks for playing along with us :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOOOW! All of these cards are STUNNING! I just love that Christmas one! How clever--to use pink and red!!! Note to self! LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

SarahKaye said...

What beautiful cards! You have such an elegant style! Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches!