Friday, April 30, 2010

Friends with Flair Friday - NSD Week

What a week! National Scrapbook Week and Unity's second anniversary. Can't get much better than that!!!! I have two cards to share for Friends with Flair Friday:


This is the card I made for my mother for Mother's Day using some wonderful Unity stamps. My mother loves to cook for those she loves, so this was very appropriate for her Mother's Day card. I used some more of my Daisy D paper - thought the gingham check and polka dots went great with the kitchen theme. This is also Kazan's sketch at 2 Sketches for You--love that site! This is the card I made for the 2nd Anniversary Challenge for Unity's Anniversary week. We were challenged to use a tree or bird image and I used both. I also used the distressed dot stamp to add dots to the background. I took my inspiration from the packaging that Unity puts their stamp sets in---love that teal and brown plus kraft! Added a little brown with white polka dot ribbon and you have a special birthday card for Unity!

I'm off enjoying myself at a National Scrapbook Day retreat. I hope you have special plans to celebrate this weekend . . . at least take a little time to create. Enjoy the rest of the FWF blog hop and have a great NSD weekend!





16 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

wow... love them!

Anonymous said...

Pretty cards!

Carole said...

Great cards - I'm sure you are enjoying the retreat! Way to go!!

Stephanie Zito said...

These are absolutely wonderful Marilyn!!! I love your Mother's Day card! Have a great weekend!

Gwen said...

That is a tree-mendous card!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Cards!!

Elisabeth said...

Super cards, that apron one is darling!

Helen F. said...

Two great cards!

Lesley said...

Great cards! xx

jo said...

Great cards!!

farmhouse-story said...

sweet cards, marilyn-have fun at your retreat:)

Unknown said...

Great cards. I'm sure your mom will lover her mother's day card!

Jennipher Lowery AKA stamptician said...

Love them! I love that treemendous set.

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Love the first card! That absolutely one of my favorite images!

Michelle said...

great cards!

CarlaKH said...

Hey these are just too cute!