Monday, September 8, 2008

FINDING PEACE

The past two years have been a long road, full of changes. School has begun and this is the first time in 14 years that I didn't start working. Thankfully, I was able to quit my job so that I could take care of my aging parents, my sister, and my husband. Fortunately, Mother and Daddy are in good health, but do go to the doctor frequently. I worried about them driving in the city, so it is such a relief to be able to take them. My sister has numerous health problems and requires more and more trips to the doctors in the metroplex as well.
Last year was filled with guilt since if I took off of work, I felt bad for not being there and if I didn't take off work, I felt guilty for not being at the doctor with my family. My husband was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis two years ago and it is a constant battle getting him to eat properly and take care of himself. My job was very stressful and almost got the best of me combined with everything else going on in my life. Quitting my job was such a blessing.
I have discovered birdwatching and this is such a peaceful hobby. Of course, my creative outlet is scrapbooking and cardmaking. Love those with a passion! Thus far, I have been so busy that I haven't had as much time for them as I would like. However, I know it will all fall into place.
This week looks to be the most peaceful of all since I left my job the end of June. I have a scrapbook retreat at the end of next week (YEAH--CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT!!!!) and am in the midst of reorganizing my scrapbook area so that what time I have for this wonderful hobby will be maximized creating instead of searching.
I hope to post some of my work for all to see in the near future. This blogging thing is new to me!

No comments: