Tuesday, June 25, 2013

WOW, IT'S FINISHED !

This is the lapbook album that I've been working on for the past several weeks.  This album was inspired by an album designed by Kathy Orta, aka Paper Phenomenon.  I also used Rachel's modification of adding a chipboard cover and one inch spines.  I definitely want to give credit to these ladies for coming up with the design of the structure of this album.  I used a Tim Holtz die to create the cupid and heart on the front of the album  I used Viva Decor "Ferro" on the heart and arrow.
When you open the album, you see this page  It has space for a large photograph  The scrolls above and below the photo mat were made using the Viva Decor mother-of-pearl modelling paste and a stencil.  The two "folders" you see peeking out of the side pocket on the left are actually mini albums:
I made these using a Coluzzle template and blade set that I have had forever.  The bottom mini album has a cascade album inside to hold lots of photos.
As you "turn" the page, you come to this page, which has a place for another large photo and two more of the folder mini-albums peeking out of the pocket on the right.
These mini albums were made the same way the other two mini albums were made.
The back side of the page has another flap and some tags slid inside a pocket.  The flap has a spot for another photo on it, and the tags will hold three to six photos.
As you flip that page you see this flap with room for another vertical photo and it then another cascade album is revealed, as well as a spot for a "landscape" photo - there are two of these, one on each side of the album.
That flap also opens up to show more places for you to put photos.
This is what it opens up to on the opposite side.  

Paper from numerous manufacturers was used in this album.  One of the things I enjoy most about scrapbooking is mixing and matching paper collections.  The main collection I used was an older collection from SEI.  I supplemented it with paper from My Minds Eye, Echo Park, Bazzill, Little Yellow Bicycle, Pebbles, Heidi Grace, and BoBunny.  I used washi tape on the hinges inside the album and some cloth tape on the outside from Oriental Trading Company (it is similar to 7 Gypsies Gaffer tape).  I used punches by McGill, EK Success, Fiskars, WeR Memory Keepers, and Martha Stewart to create some of the embellishments.  There are not very many embellishments because this is a gift to a non-scrapbooker and I wanted to make it easy for them to adhere their photos.  Plus, the addition of the photos will significantly increase the thickness of this album and if there are very many embellishments it would be too fat.  

Several people asked me about teaching this as a class at Cat's.  Cat and I talked about it and the class will be on Saturday, August 24th.  I will begin working on the sample album this weekend using a current paper collection at the store.  Stay tuned for more details about the class as the sample is created so that we can share photos of it and will be able to give you a price.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment.  This post is linked to Cat's Creations WOW Wednesday and you will be eligible for a prize just by commenting  

4 comments:

Valerie said...

This album is just amazing! What a wonderful gift! How cool that you're going to teach a class on it! Way to go!

Unknown said...

I remember you showing this to me at the store a few weekends ago. It really pushed me to start getting a little craftier on the pages I'm making for my scrapbooks. I love this and can't wait to try and make one some day.

Unknown said...

I especially love that its not a flat piece.It's meant to be stuffed with amazing memories.

Sandy Trefger said...

Fabulous! I so love this album, Marilyn! It turned out fabulous!