Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm Back - with Friends with Flair

This is the cover to my Soul Restoration Art Journal.  I am altering an old library book.   It's very different, but I wanted to use a quilt square made by my grandmother.  When she passed away, we found a collection of quilt squares that she made that had never been made into a quilt.  There aren't enough to make a quilt, but I saved them to use for something.  So, when I was getting ready to start this project, I ran across them and decided to incorporate one into the cover of the album.  I used the gate stamp from the Bold Insight Store Kit.  LOVE this set of stamps.  I used paper from Daisy D.  The felt scroll is from Queen & Co, and then I used acrylic paints and mod podge.

This is the inside cover.  It is mixed acrylic paints and I used my favorite bird stamp from the Growing In Unity
set of stamps--my all time favorite set of Unity stamps.  I love the sets created by our Unity Artists--just amazing creativity.

This is my first attempt at making an art journal.  I will share some other pages with later.  Art journaling is fun--out of my comfort zone, but lots of fun!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the hop.  Don't forget--there will be a winner from the random comments left on the different blogs. 

12 comments:

Jingle said...

These are really great pages! I like the 'closed for restoration' on in particular!

Kate said...

Love your cover and great pages :0)
Kate xx

Ruby said...

Great project.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Great idea!!! I want to try to branch out and try something new like this now too!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw! This looks awesome! Very very creative! Love it!
Hugs, Wendy

Anne Tussing said...

Love that you used a piece of your Grandma's quilt!! Your journal looks great:)

Kary said...

Awesome project!! It's esp lovely that you used a piece of your grandmother's quilt - makes it so precious.

Annette Allen said...

Love your creativity..thanks for sharing.

Beejay said...

What a great project and so meaningful with the quilt square. Thanks for sharing your story!

jennifer mitten said...

This is amazing! I hope you share the rest of it!

Gwen said...

I LOVE that you used your gramma's quilt square on your journal cover! Awesome! I really, really want to make some books like this!

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Are you doing Brave Girls??
LOve it!!

Thanks for your lovely comment on my FWF post, Cassie & I loved it!
On a similar note, Cassie is considering coming to Texas to help you out! (lol)