Sunday, August 8, 2010

ABSENCE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER . . .

I'm sorry for the long absence.  I am sitting in the hospital room now with my son, who had emergency surgery yesterday to repair a perforation caused by his twelfth endoscopy.  Yes, you read it correctly . . . he has had twelve endoscopies since March.  I had gastric bypass surgery December 21st and he had gastric bypass surgery on January 4th.  I have not had any problems and he has had just about all the complications possible - strictures, leaks, ulcers.  The endoscopy Friday yielded great news - the leak (fistula) had sealed and the stricture was much better.  Unfortunately, we realized Saturday morning after calling the doctor, that he had a perforation from the endoscopy.  Thankfully, when his surgeon operated, he discovered that his body had tried to seal the perforation, so there was very little infection.  Therefore, he will hopefully not have to have another surgery.  He has lost 140 pounds and I have lost 70.  His weight loss has been on the fast track because of all his complications.  Our surgeon is pleased with our weight loss, as are we.

 These are the first three pages of a mini album I created for a friend of mine.  I was reallly pleased with how it turned out.  The album was by We R, patterned paper by basic grey, creative imaginations, DCWV and Daisy D.  The embellishments are from K & Co., basic grey, and prima.  I used Tim Holtz alterations die and some supplies from my craft stash. 

I hadn't been online much lately since our wireless modem crashed a couple of weeks ago.  We are going to go with a satellite provider, but haven't been able to get that set up yet.  I didn't know until just now that I was a Top 3 Fav over on Unscripted Sketches for one of their bonus challenges during their Christmas in July Celebration.  I am SUPER EXCITED over that!!!  First time for being noticed.  Gave me a boost when I really needed it. 

I'm hoping to get back to scrapbooking and card crafting in the next couple of weeks.  My LSS owner is having a birthday celebration crop this weekend.  We have the fabulous Cheryl Mezetti from Creative Imaginations coming to teach two classes and spend time crafting with us.  Cat has all kinds of fun cooked up for us--can't wait!

Thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad your son is ok! and your cards are fabulous.

I wanted you to know I appreciate you visiting and commenting on my blog!!!
hope you have a great day!!!

Linda said...

that is and amzeing card! I love it!