Friday, July 9, 2010

FRIENDS WITH FLAIR FRIDAY - UNSCRIPTED COLOR THROWDOWN CHRISTMAS IN JULY

This is the card I made for the Christmas In July challenge over at Stampin for the Weekend.  It's fun to make Christmas cards when it is so hot outside!  I used basic grey patterned paper and Paper Studio cardstock.  I embossed the green cardstock with Stampin Up's embossing folder--love how it goes so well with the poinsettia paper!   Used the beautiful poinsettia stamp from the "Hodgepodge of Happiness" set--LOVE it!  The I used the Christmas tree stamp and sentiment stamp from the Merry and Bright set.  I used a Stampin Up punch for the sentiment.  I used ribbon and bling from my craft stash.  The small red bling on the tree is from Queen & Co.  The flowers are from Prima.  I wasn't sure about this card at first, but really happy about how it turned out.
This is the card I made for the Unscripted Sketch #62 and the 100th Color Throwdown.  I used Cosmo Cricket patterned paper and cardstock by Paper Studio and Bazzill.  The frame and bumblebees are from Current.  The flowers are by Prima and the bling is from my craft stash.  I used a Marvy scalloped circle punch and embossed it with one of Tim Holtz's embossing folders.  The ink is by Ranger and I accented with a glaze pen.  Wasn't too sure about this card either, but pleased in the end. 

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your blog hop.  Have a very blessed weekend.

16 comments:

Rachel B said...

I love these! I love the sentiments!

Bonita Rose said...

wonderful creations!

Tanya said...

What fun cards!!!

Anonymous said...

Great cards!

Unknown said...

What a rich "Christmas in July" card. Love how you used the embossing folder.

Lesley said...

Lovely cards!

Linda said...

those card are lovely

Pamela said...

Great cards!!! :)

Elisabeth said...

They're both simply lovely!

Karen said...

Both cards are so beautiful!!

Anita said...

Lovely cards!

FibreJunky said...

Both of them are fantastic! I love that poinsettia stamp, too!

Lori said...

Great pair of cards!

Tracey said...

Lovely cards :)

Thanks for joining us at SFTW & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Paula said...

Like your cards, like the poinsettia stamp.
If you get a chance to stop over at my blog
I have a mini card kit giveaway, it includes,
cardstock, embellishments, and the hand made
card.
All creations by Paula.

Annika said...

What an absolutely stunning card,I just love everything about it, the colouring is perfect and the choice of papers just wonderful, brilliant take on sketch!!!!.x
Thanks for playin' at SFTW this week!
Hugs
Annika