Saturday, May 23, 2009

SATURDAY FUN - sort of . . .

My husband is having a flare-up of his pancreatitis. The doctor wanted to put him in the hospital, but he talked her out of it. So, only clear liquids for him until Wednesday. He has to get lots of rest and drink plenty of clear liquids to let his pancreas rest. If he starts throwing up, he has to go to the hospital. So far, it looks like we will stay out of the hospital this time. He goes for his annual ultrasound endoscopy on June first. Kind of scary, since it can cause an attack. Hopefully, we will make it through that OK as well. Ansious to see the results from that since he has had so many problems in the past few months. However, we also found out from the doctor visit that the antibiotics he has been taking for some tooth problems can cause pancreatitis - AARRGGHH!!! So, maybe his pancreas is OK and just needs a break from the offending antibiotics.

On a more cheerful note - my sister from New Mexico is here for a SHORT visit. We have a homecoming/reunion this weekend and she and her husband came in for it and his family reunion. Great to see her. She is working now, so their visits are shorter than they used to be.

Got my Unity stamp order today. WOW--love those stamps! Had lots of fun on the blog hop and hip hopping on Thursday. Won a stamp with the cards I made for the Splitcoast Stampers Challenges. That was lots of fun and really stretched my creativity. Looking forward to doing that every week since it gets me stamping and makes me be more creative. If you haven't tried out Unity, check out their website--they have some great specials on this weekend. Our LSS carried their stamps for a while -- still has some in stock. However, probably won't reorder unless people start purchasing them. I think it was over our heads and we didn't understand the system. Sometimes, the timing for something has to be just right and unfortunately I don't think it was for that at that time. She is branching out into Hero Arts stamps and I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to offer. However, I'm really loving my unity!

Have a graduation present to make--think I'm going to use one of the BoBunny shape books--possibly 2--and make a graduation mini album. I think it would be cute to use two of those books in school colors and make an album for this very special graduate!

Today is my parents' 56th anniversary. WOW--lots of years. Love them so much.

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

No comments: